APW Elementary

APW Elementary
Rebel Pride Starts Inside

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day #132 - 4/22/15 - Mod 2a Unit 2 lesson 17: Poetry - Using simile and metaphor & Sharing Bio-Poems

Good Morning Rebels, 
          I hope you all slept well last night. Today is the first day of the Common Core Math test. We will be taking the test this morning and using our 2-hour delay schedule. Remember to do your best! Today is also a ‘C’ day so we will go to Library. Remember to order your lunch and then work on the Point to Ponder. 
                            Thank you
                       Mrs. Sargent & Mr. T.
P2P: Pic up a trivia card to quiz a friend who sits close to you. Take turns asking and answering trivia questions. 


Activity #1
Poetry Preview
Key Questions:
What do you like about the poems?
What metaphors and similes do the poets use?
Do the poems have a rhyme scheme?
How do the poems make you feel?
What pictures come into your mind?
What creative & figurative language does the poet use?


Activity #2
Draft your own “Season inside of me” poem using simile and metaphor. 
I can draft my own “season inside of me” poem using simile and metaphor. 

Activity #3
I can edit and revise my poetry prior to typing a final copy for publication. 






No comments:

Post a Comment