APW Elementary

APW Elementary
Rebel Pride Starts Inside

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Day 65: 12/15/21 - Bud, Not Buddy Chapter 2

Good day Rebels,

        Please make sure you have everything you need and sharpen your pencils. Today we will review chapter 1 and read chapter 2 of Bud, Not Buddy.
                                Thank you
                                Mr. Trumble
Do Now:

  • Write your homework in your agenda
  • Take out your graphic organizer from chapter 1

 Homework:

  • Finish reading Chapter 2 and complete the Setting graphic organizer

I am very sorry that I could not be with you today. I was looking forward to discussing chapter 1 & reading chapter 2 with you. I promise we will go over these chapters tomorrow when I return. 

For today skip activity #1 and go right on to activity #2.


Activity #1
Review Chapter 1

Activity #2
Chapter 2 of Bud, Not Buddy
Analyzing Setting
Standards
  • RL6.1 Cite textual evidence to support what the text says as well as inferences made from the text

Directions:
Once again, I am sorry that I could not be in class with you today. Unfortunately I had a family emergency. I want you to hang on to your graphic organizer from chapter 1. We will go over it tomorrow. 

Today I want you to Buddy read chapter 2. Find a partner and spread out around the room. While you read please continue to underline challenging words, and write level 2 & 3 questions on the back of your graphic organizer. The graphic organizer for chapter 2 is the next page in your ELA packet. 

Essential Questions: 
  • Where does this part of the story take place
  • When does this part of the story take place?
  • Why is the setting important to this part of the story?
  • How does the setting affect the mood?

****If you finish reading chapter 2 you may work on your enrichment Project. I know many of you have not given me your group members or your topic, but I want you to go ahead and get started anyways. Just be sure you DO NOT RUSH through your reading. Take your time and enjoy the story. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment