APW Elementary

APW Elementary
Rebel Pride Starts Inside

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Teaching Philosophy


As I prepare to teach 6th grade at APW Elementary I am filled with the excitement any new teacher feels this time of year. But for me this is not my first year preparing for a new batch of students, it is in fact my 17th time I will be blessed to meet a new group of students as they walk through that door on day 1, and feel the excitement that comes with the start of a new school year. Having the opportunity to teach on different teams over the last 16 years has armed me with a rare perspective of student learning and development, in addition to a flexibility in teaching methods. It is my philosophy to differentiate my instruction to reach every type of learner, so they can rise to their full individual potential. I set high standards for students with clear expectations, all while acting as a consistent model for students to follow in achieving the goals I set before them.  I use my role as teacher to motivate and encourage students to become critical thinkers and problem solvers. Additionally, I am willing to put forth the effort that it takes to make my students succeed and grow as learners. My experience gives me the ability to meet the challenges and changes that continue to develop in education, along with a strong foundation of strategies to support students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment